As I lay down in some long tube to get an MRI this afternoon, they played Top 40 hits to drown out the noise. My body started convulsing (okay, or just my arm for like 30 seconds) and got a little numb, and as I lay there trying to be still, all I could think is, “Wow, I’m going to die right here in this machine, listening to Nicki Minaj. C’mon, man.”
So. Here are the Top Three Songs That I Wouldn’t Mind Dying To:
- “I Think I Love You” by the Partridge Family
- I’m not sure why but this song is and always will be one of my favorite songs. No matter what the situation is, it always lightens my mood.
- “Miles Away (Acoustic)” by Years Around The Sun
- A totally different feel to it, this song was recommended to me last year by one of my best friends (shout out to KJK) and ever since I’ve loved it. It will forever transport me to bed… which just happens to be my favorite place in the world.
- “Sister Wife (Star Slinger Remix)” by Alex Winston
- Again, different feel to it. I discovered this song Halloween weekend of my freshman year of college with my best friends and brother at the Star Slinger concert, one of the best weekends in my life. To me, this song isn’t about polygamy (though it’s pretty damn funny), but it’s more about the memory behind it for me.
Am I a total weirdo for thinking about this? What are your top three?